Anything But Books Tag

Anything but books... That’s what my life was for few years in the recent past. Reason? To be honest, I was getting lazy. So, my favourite clichΓ© was “Do I have time for all that reading?” But it could not last long as the book lover in me acquired the Sumo size and over powered my lethargy. On the second thought, I could see that I was reading books all the while. Though they were text books of my children!

This  was the storm of thoughts that stirred up in my mind when Jyoti tagged me for the post. Jyoti is an accomplished blogger and blogs at Jyoti's Pages. I just cant thank her enough for this! I had to read and re read her post to make sure of what I was reading! I was overjoyed because I had never thought that someday, someone will ever tag me! The excitement was so tremendous that I did not understand what it was all about when I read the post for the first time.

Second or was it third, I am not sure...but that finally made me understand the beauty of this tag! Thanks Jyoti for the great opportunity! This tag made me ponder and search lanes and by lanes of my personality. It was a refreshing exercise to the core. Felt so pampered that I was being asked some questions to pamper myself, my persona! So here I go ahead with my discoveries…  



Name a cartoon(s) that you love.

Po from Kung Fu Panda is my all time favourite. Passion to achieve the dream is what I love about Po. And yes, he is adventurous yet so domesticated! There is one more to the list, Nemo’s Dad Marlin from Finding Nemo. His unflinching faith that his son is alive and can be brought back is something I die for. This little fellow never seems to be giving up!

What is your favourite song right now?

“Oh Rangrez” from Bhag Milkha Bhag. The classical base and its subtly romantic mood soothes a die hard romantic me thoroughly. 
Another one is "Love you zindagi" from Dear Zindagi. Its fresh, peppy yet so philosophical. I feel it echoes me, my thoughts.

What could you do for hours?

If not books then I could wander in city, in forest, at country side and explore for hours together. I have a nagging bug inside me that pesters me to be outdoors as and when possible. How can I forget one thing...I would play with my children, watch movie with them, go for picnics outdoors and drag my better half in doing all this!!!

What is something you love to do that your followers would be surprised by?

First of all I don’t have a great follower base! So no question of surprising them. Rather I will be surprised to find the hoards of followers following me some day!

What is your favourite unnecessarily specific thing to learn about?

I wish to learn Gujarathi. I wish to speak fluently in that language, ‘coz most of my friends these days are Gujjus. They end up with their “regional channel language”, every time we meet. Though I can understand the conversation, I cant participate in the discussion whole heartedly. And its difficult for me to see myself as the heroine of the “mute era” movie!

What is something unusual you know how to do?

There is only thing I have been happily doing so long! Being an average cook, I end up with the dish that is not even the distant cousin of the original documented one. Food can not go waste is what I believe in the most. So to market it in my household, I christen it with most tempting names. “Whats in the name?”… ask me!!! A lot…

Name something you’ve made in the last year (and show us, if you can).

I have memory that is only a notch better than Dory of Finding Nemo! But let me think… Oh the answer is most obvious… I made cherished memories! They all reside in my memory. Will narrate them, as and when they occur to me and when we meet some day!

What is your most recent personal project?

I have taken up the job of taking good care of myself. I am pampering myself with sessions at beauty parlour at a regular frequency… once in six months! Don’t faint… its better stat than my previous Avatar! Another undertakings include being regular with “Yoga sessions” and walk in the evening.

Tell us something you think about often (maybe while staring out of windows).

Why does everyone including me feel hungry? Had hunger not been part of our lives, a lot of time would have saved, you see! We have breakfast, lunch, dinner and meals between meals…Don’t we eat too many times? I would have saved this time for many fruitful endeavours like reading, wandering, catching up with friends and family and what not!

Give us something that’s your favourite, but make it something oddly specific, not like your favourite food, but like your favourite food when you’ve been studying for hours and forgot to eat. Or, you know, something like that.

It was2nd year of engineering. One of the papers turned out pretty hard. And within an hour or so into the exam, I realised that there was nothing to pen. So, I looked around. Saw my friend Arundhati also looking into nothing specific. She chanced to look at me. We signaled each other. In few minutes, we were out of the exam hall. We dashed to canteen first. Over a cup of tea, we decided to watch a movie. So, we went to city and watched “Jo Jita Wohi Sikandar”. Came out refreshed. Returning to hostel, we studied for the next paper. This time the paper was easy. But again, we decided to watch same movie. Believe me, both of us watched same movie 4 times in a row, till the exams were over! Arundhati was the university topper and I was one amongst the top five that year.  This is my all time favourite memory!


With this comes the end of “me saga”! And over to my fellow bloggers now. I wish to pass on the baton of this wonderful idea to my favourite bloggers. My MocktailMommies buddies, Prasanna, Rupa, Karishma, Vidhia, Smitha, Sathya and Ruchi…are you reading this one? If not, I will be at your doorstep and will make you read it and pen it soon!

I also wish to tag my blogging friends Gayatri GadreMayuri, Tina BasuVarsha Kalelkar, Hena Jacob, Gaurav Yadav, Varsha Bagadia, Deepa Gandhi, Meenakshi Iyer, Dipika SinghManisha Garg, Meha Sharma, Amrita Misra, Shwetabh Mathur, Akshata Ram, AkshataB and Rahul Pagad, Sudha Krishnan, Upasana Sethi, Lavanya Srinivasan, Zainab, Rashi Mittal and Keerthi to take this tag up. This is my way to convey you all that I adore you, love your musings and you are just fabulous!


And a final and most important call to all those, who are reading it right now, please feel free and take the "Anything But Books Tag" up! 

Comments

  1. Loved reading it. Good to know about you a little better. Hope you learn Gujarati soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahhaha. This was a fun read. Glad you're taking care of yourself. Hope you learn Gujju soon, I could speak it quite well when i was growing up in Bombay.
    I love your attitude, Angha and your thoughts and posts always make me smile.

    I did this tag a while ago, sharing the link with you;
    https://sirimiri.in/2017/07/02/anything-books-everything-tag/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mayuri! I read your take and loved the Stephen King's fan girl recount!

      Delete
  3. You watched Jo Jeeta... 4 times in a row and that too during exams!! WOW!! I have never done something like this during college days. SIGH!! :D
    Good luck with your personal project... it's so important to take care of yourself, both physically and emotionally! And all the best for learning Gujarati too.
    Love you Zindagi.... I love this song too.
    Good to know a bit about you, Anagha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being hostelers, we had liberty! Otherwise could not have imagined ever doing it!
      Love you zindagi is such a lovely song, I believe many will be fan like us Shilpa. Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts and also encouraging me.

      Delete
  4. Such a lovely post this is, Anagha. As sweet and honest as you come across. πŸ˜˜πŸ’“πŸ’“

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Varsh for loving me as I am! Looking forward to see your take on it soon!

      Delete
  5. That is one honest and lovely post. If you keep on writing such lovely posts am sure very soon you will have Tsunami of followers. Gujrathi is a sweet language and my brother is married to a Gujju, so even I land up listening to lot of Gujrathi. I am wondering how come I never visited your blog before..but now I am going to come back often as I simply loved your style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the wonderful wishes Balaka. Your encouraging words mean a lot to me! Glad you visited me. Look forward to a great relationship with a warm hearted blogger like you.

      Delete
  6. Oh goodness, Anagha. I can't express how m feeling right now. Thanku so very much for tagging me. I have recently restarted blogging and the love m getting is more than I had ever imagined. Thanks much, Anagha. This was a lovely post.told me so much about you. Will surely take it up too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad that I have a blogger friend like you. You deserve the love you are getting and much more. Look forward to your take on the tag dear!

      Delete
  7. Your college memory is hilarious. Cant believe you watched it 4 times!!! It was good to read this and see some similarities here. I love Po too and .Wandering through forests is another fav of mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same pinch Shalini! And for the college memory, those were the days of life...
      Thanks for dropping by and sharing your thoughts.

      Delete
  8. Hey there.. Just loved reading this post over and over a couple of times. You write beautifully - don't be surprised if you have a hoards of followers in due time. You are winning hearts with your words. Keep it up. πŸ’— I almost blushed when I read 'accomplished blogger'. Thanks for that huge compliment but I think I am no where near being that. Looking forward to more writings by you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely wishes Jyoti. Had it not been you, I would not have indulged in this pleasure!!! And you are by all means an accomplished blogger in all respect! Glad and proud to be associated with you!

      Delete

Post a Comment